WLN20 AQUAWEAR NMEA-WIFI SERVER
Enabling next generation Wearable navigation
Our WLN20 Aqua Wear wireless NMEA gateway is designed to connect your smart phone and other wireless devices to your boat's navigation systems, streaming real time instrument, position and environmental data that can be displayed in a wide variety of Apps and Navigation Software.
Featuring two NMEA0183 inputs (38400 and 4800 baud) to allow interfacing with all common marine navigation and instrument systems, the WLN20 is housed in a waterproof and tough enclosure that just requires connection to the boat's 12v or 24v DC supply. With an internal wireless antenna, that creates a "hotspot" with a typical range of 25m, up to 7 wireless devices can connect and receive the NMEA data. The WLN20 operates in Access Point mode, rather than the more basic Ad-Hoc mode, ensuring full compatibility with Apple's iOS and OSX operating systems, Windows 8 and Android.
The WLN20 multiplexes all NMEA0183 data received on the two inputs and transmits this wirelessly to all connected devices. By maintaining the original NMEA0183 open data standard in the wireless packets, compatibility with the maximum number of apps and navigation software packages is achieved.
- Wireless NMEA Data server (38400 and 4800 baud)
- Reads NMEA 0183 data on both ports, multiplexes it and transmits it wirelessly over 802.11b+g
- Can be fitted to any GPS, Instrument or AIS system that is outputting NMEA 0183 data at 38400 or 4800 baud
- Supports Bi-Directional communication but must be at the 38400 baud rate
- Creates an 802.11b+g wireless access point and then transmits data via TCP/UDP link
- TCP allows single device connection while UDP allows multiple devices to receive the data
- Fully compatible with many popular Apps and Navigation Software packages
- Can also be configured to join an existing wireless network - eg on board router or Furuno WiFi radar
- Easy to install IP67 black box solution
CLICK HERE for more information...